IFCN Dairy Outlook
Combining the best available knowledge and providing you with insights of what is driving the dairy world.
IFCN Outlook Service
Markets: selection out of 65 countries and 10 world regions
Variables: farm gate milk and feed prices, margin over compound feed costs, milk production, commodity quotation prices (SMP & butter) for 3 major dairy markets (EU, US, NZ)
Timeframe: Jan 2006 – current month + 6-12 months forecast
Insights and stories behind the developments
Excel data sheet with raw data of all variables.
Delivery on a monthly basis
Additional service options: Outlook workshops and trainings
- Single country or region: 1200 EUR
- 6-10 countries: 1000 EUR per region
- More than 10 countries: 950 EUR per region
Your benefits from IFCN Outlook Service
Why IFCN believes this outlook serves you better than any other on the market today
- 20+ years of experience in dairy economic research. IFCN is the world's subject matter expert in dairy data & analysis.
- Knowledge of the crowd: capitalizing on the monthly updated insights from IFCN researchers in over 100 countries.
- Complementary perspectives: data driven (hedgehog) and critical thinking (fox) based.
- Holistic cycle: optimizing interdependent outlooks for milk prices, farm margins, milk volumes, dairy commodity prices.
- Global picture with unified approach for individual countries, based on accepted data standardization.
- Independent & un biased research. No hidden agendas.
- Economy of scale due to monthly global data and insights collection.
- Measure and report the accuracy as indicator of the uncertainty for future outlooks.
Forecast accuracy* of the farm-gate milk price in %
*calculated based on the absolute discrepancy of the predicted farm-gate milk price in any given month vs the actual reported farm-gate milk price.
How do our customers use the product?
to guide and re-fine their product pricing strategies based on accurate estimates of the raw milk pool and farm-gate milk price.
Barn equipment and farm machinery manufacturers
as a source for forecasting their own sales by correlating the ratio of milk:feed prices or margins with their own sales numbers.
|Others (e.g. banking, policy)
|Guidance for product pricing strategies
|Definition of purchasing tactics
|Planning of capacity in plants
|Definition of marketing strategies
|Forecasting of own sales numbers
|Understanding market developments and identifying trade developments
|Financial risk analysis at the farm level
|Opportunity or risk profile of capital (goods) markets
|Exploration of potential new markets - identify potential market size
|Deciding on investments in new markets (plants, farms, etc.)
In today’s rapidly changing world, what is considerednormaltoday may not be true in the future – the better the forecasts, the more successful your business planning.
Contact us for a personal presentation of the product.
Tel.: +49-(0)-431-530 240 firstname.lastname@example.org