Greenhouse gas emissions from dairy
dairy related companies
dairy related researchers
IFCN Dairy Forum 2021
18th of November 2021 | 14:00 - 16:00h CET
- Session with the Executive Director of the Global Dairy Platform (GDP) on the latest development of the food systems summit and COP 26 in Glasgow and where dairy and GHG stand today.
- IFCN presentation about the status, trends, and forecast of GHG emissions from dairy with a special focus on emerging dairy countries.
- Panel discussion with dairy processors, researchers, and institutions focussing on ways to reduce GHG emission in emerging dairy countries.
Why is the topic important?
IFCN along with gold sponsors DeLaval and Danone and silver sponsors PerkinElmer, Agolin and Elanco are pleased to invite you to the 2nd IFCN Dairy Forum on : "Greenhouse gas emissions from dairy and solutions for emerging dairy countries"
Following up from our Dairy Conference in June, reducing dairy-related GHG emission in emerging countries can have the biggest impact to reduce “dairy GHG emission globally”. At the same time, emerging countries are often disproportionately affected by the consequences of climate change and face greater challenges regarding investments and food security.
IFCN is therefore organising this free and public global event with presentations, panel discussions, and a workshop to discuss the topic and to help create a better future for the dairy industry.
Impact of green policies on developed & emerging regions
Cost pressure on farmers in developed regions such as in the EU
- Higher farm consolidation and less milk supply
- Higher competition among farms & suppliers/processors
Possibilities for emerging regions to extend their markets
- Key to success: technologies and farm efficiency!
- Who can produce at affordable prices as costs for milk production are rising over the world
Why to focus on emerging countries?
Emerging dairy countries account for:
- 75% of the dairy related GHG emissions in 2021
- 81% of milk production growth 2020 vs. 2021
- 100% of the growth of dairy GHG emissions 2000 - 2020
Sources: 1. IFCN database status 3/2021, TIPI-CAL LCA model applied in 52 countries and estimation.
Developed countries: Mainly Europe, North America, Oceania, Japan, Israel, etc.
Emerging countries (developing countries): Mainly Africa, Latin America, Near & Middle East, Asia, etc.
Panellists & Speakers
IFCN Events 2021 and its participants
Breakdown by countries
Breakdown by segments
The top 4 IFCN Conferences
More than 1500 people related with the dairy sector joined IFCN events in 2020 and 2021!
IFCN Dairy Conference in June 2021
100 researchers from more than 80 countries
650 participants 190 companies
IFCN Supporter Conference in September 2021:
750 participants from more than 72 companies
IFCN Emerging Dairy Regions Forum in November 2020:
IFCN Processors, Profit, People, Planet Conference in December 2020:
333 participants from different regions of the world
95% of the participants graded IFCN events with very good or good